Teacher Appreciation Week ‘19
Each year we want to show our appreciation for our teachers all the time but especially during Teacher Appreciation (May 6 – 10) and especially this year. Why now more so than ever? Our educators across the country are taking stands for things they believe in like better pay, quality student/teacher ratio & the tools to execute their job to the standards we need.
So, let’s take a stand & show our teachers how much we appreciate them! Here are a few ways that are easy, perhaps free & can be accomplished at any time.
- Tell your teacher you appreciate them. When is the last time you did that? Or tell your child’s teacher you appreciate them. It takes no time at all but could make a lasting impact.
- Bring your children’s teacher supplies! 1 box of tissues or 1 pack of hand sanitizer could go a long way! Especially in the teacher’s heart & mind. So often teachers are buying their own supplies so any contributions are greatly appreciated.
- Go on Amazon! Did you know teachers can create a “wish list” for their classroom just like you probably do for Christmas? You could always search your teachers name to see if they have created a list & surprise them with something from it!
- Feeling extra & crafty? We’ve saved a few of our favorite DIY Teacher Appreciation Gifts on our Pinterest board. Go check it out & let us know if you try any!
Hopefully this list gets you started or at least makes you realize how simple it could be to show your appreciation! If you’re thinking a brand-new t-shirt would be great as a gift, we’ve got you covered there too. 🙂 Order yours before 3/28 to have in time!
Like always, I had to ask a few very important questions:
- What movie have you seen 152,987,452 times and can easily quote? Little Rascals. (I really feel the need to catch her at lunch and say “That ain’t sand…that’s kitty litter.”)
- Would you rather talk only in snorts or smell like an onion? “Talk in snorts”. (“oh *oink* my *oink* gosh *oink*…me *oink* too *oink*”) haha 🙂
- What could you give a 40-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation? “Dealing with a small little girl that is 5 years old going on 17”
- When using toothpaste, there’s two types of people in the world: those that squeeze from the bottom (always), or those that squeeze wherever, which one are you? “Squeeze wherever”… (I’m with her, squeeze wherever girl……but, I know people like my husband are cringing on the inside….Bless their hearts haha)
- What was your favorite childhood cartoon? “Tom and Jerry” (it’s to be noted that she still loves and watches her some Tom and Jerry…haha)
- Tell me a weird quality about yourself? “I mix up meatloaf, mashed potatoes and corn… and squirt tons of ketchup over all of it.” (Some would say gag a maggot….but, my old school dad would say “It’s all going to the same spot anyways.” But, didn’t Elvis like peanut butter and bologna sandwiches?! So, we won’t think Jennifer is a complete weirdo on her strange eating quirks haha) 🙂
- If your life was a movie, what would it be and why? “Not sure. But, definitely a drama because life has thrown a lot at me.” (Well…hallelujah she didn’t say “Scream” or “Texas Chainsaw Massacre”..I would’ve had to skedaddle on out of the room if that was the case…)
-Written & Interviewed by Cierra of our Marketing/Analytics team 🙂