We all look forward to little milestones in life as they tell us when we’ve reached our goals. Lately, it’s been a trend of some teachers and students to celebrate the 100th day of School.
The 100th day falls exactly on the 100th day of the school year and is an important milestone for both teachers, and students. This makes it a fantastic reason for celebration and the perfect excuse for taking some extra time to teach all things ‘100’.
Why not try some of our ideas for celebrating the 100th day in the classroom?
You could have your students:
- Look at a collection of 100 things
- Do ten sets of exercises (eg: star jumps, sit-ups etc.) and count them as they go
- Do 100-piece puzzles
- Make fruit loop jewellery using 100 pieces of cereal
- Build a paper chain using 100 strips of paper
- Collect 100 coins for charity
- Write what they would do with $100
- Blow up 100 balloons
- See if they can name 100 countries
We periodically release shirt designs just for this special day.
Is this something you’re doing at your school?
How do you celebrate? Comment below to tell us how you like to celebrate the 100th day of School!