Winter is coming! While some love the coziness winter brings, this season can be tough for many people. Proclaimed “winter haters” blame less natural sunlight, colder temperatures, holiday stress, and more sickness as contributors to their negativity.
So, what can you do to brighten someone’s day this winter season? Below is a list of a few small tips that might make all the difference.
- Give someone a sincere compliment. Simple enough, right? Complimenting an outfit, a job well done, or telling someone to have a nice day might just be all they need to put a little pep in their step.
- Make a batch of cookies for a neighbor or friend. Not a huge baker? No problem. Check out these easy, no-bake Christmas cookie recipes.
- Send Christmas Cards to residents at a nursing home. Even better- get your kids involved! Imagine the love and joy that a nursing home resident would receive through a homemade card. Get some ideas on easy cards that kids can make here.
- Pay for someone’s coffee. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve read on social media that when someone had their coffee paid for, it completely made their day. Pay it forward!
- Take breakfast to the firefighters at your local fire station or to the officers at your police station. They brave bad weather on a regular basis to keep their citizens safe. Here’s another cute idea to show them you much you appreciate what they do for their communities!
- If you have a child or children that ride the bus to school, bring the bus driver a treat bag such as this one. He or she will appreciate the ray of sunshine on a cold day.
- Put together some care kits in ziploc bags for those who are homeless. You may want to include chapstick, lotion, gloves, hand warmers, a hat, snack crackers, etc.
Want to further promote kindness this holiday season? Check out our “Cool to be Kind” snowman shirts available for purchase on WorkPlacePro.com!